CCAC Auction Rules
REGISTRATION:9:00 AM-10:15 AM, AUCTION begins at 10:30 AM
These rules apply to all CCAC auctions with two exceptions. The registration and starting time does not apply to monthly meeting auctions, and you must be a paying member to bid or sell at the monthly auctions. Our Spring and Fall auctions are open to the public.
Use our downloadable auction form here. See 1st page for instructions.
The Circle City Aquarium Club, here unto referred to as CCAC, means to provide an opportunity for hobbyists to buy and sell hobby related items in an open auction format. This is not only to provide a fun and open opportunity to transact business, but to promote growth within the club by allowing members to offer goods in a non-commercialized setting.
The Auction Committee shall consist of a chairperson(s) appointed by the board of directors. The duties will consist of auctioneering, providing a decision on any rules challenge, promotion, registration and general administrative duties in relation to the auction.
Highlighted changes since the last revision:
- Rule changes and reorganization resulting in Revision C
- Pre-Registration will be required for all sellers.
- Added pre-registration option for Buyers.
- Change in Registration/Check-in window for sellers.
- Maximum for like species sold reduced from 10 to 6.
- Dry goods will now be limited to 6 of the same item/type.
- Foods and products are required to be resold in the original manufacturer’s packaging.
- Removal of requirement for sellers to apply colored dots.
General Auction Rules:
- Changes to the Auction Rules and Requirements must be submitted via written request to the Auction Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- No felt or gel pens to be used on auction tags or bags.
- All bags/items left after the auction will become property of the CCAC.
- Items will be tagged with three different color tags and placed on separate tables.
- The order of sale, by color, shall be determined by a random drawing at the beginning of the auction.
- Challenging the auctions rules:
- a. Sellers/Buyers have the right to challenge the auction rules.
- b. All decisions presented by the auction chair, or designee, shall be considered final.
- Priority Sales
- a. Any single item may be placed at the front of the line for a fee of $3.00
Rules for Buyers:
- You must be registered in order to bid on any/all items.
- a. Pre-registration can be completed as desired by completing the Buyer’s Questionnaire located on the club website at ccacaqclub.org/auction-info/
- Upon registration, you will be given a numbered paddle in order to bid.
- a. If you pre-register, your paddle will be available to you at the Buyer’s Registration table.
- Bidding on an item is a contract to buy. Do not bid if you do not intend to pay.
- All purchases must be paid for the day of the sale, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Refusal to pay will result in prosecution.
- Bids will be accepted in dollar increments.
- All purchases become the responsibility of the buyers once the item is sold.
- The CCAC, nor the auction host, will not and cannot be held responsible for injuries and/or lost or stolen items while on the premised.
- Payment for goods purchased shall be one of two approved methods:
- Credit Card
- Some finer points for buyers
- Buyer must provide proof of ID such as a Driver’s License.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for insufficient funds or returned checks.
- A receipt can be emailed upon request.
- Once the auction concludes, your credit card will be charged for the balance owed.
Rules for Sellers:
- Registration Process:
- All sellers must pre-register for the auction by completing the Seller’s Registration Questionnaire located on the club website at www.ccacaqclub.org/auction-info/
- Auction forms must be completely filled out prior to registration.
- All items registered after 10:15 shall be considered late entries.
- Sellers entering late entries will have one of two choices;
- Seller may elect to have items black tagged and sold at the end of the auction.
- Seller may elect to sell the item at a reduced payout split of 50/50.
- Auction Labels:
- All items MUST be clearly labeled with
- Seller’s assigned number
- Bag/Item number
- Minimum bid requirement – Minimum bids should be clearly marked on both the auction form, auction ticket, and the item for sale.
- In addition, all livestock must be clearly identified with the following:
- Scientific name or common name
- Quantity of fish in the bag
- Breeding status, if applicable;
- Sex, if known
- A “Pair” is defined as one male and one female.
- A “Breeding Pair” is defined as one male and one female. that have spawned together.
- All items MUST be clearly labeled with
- Quality of items for sale:
- All items offered for sale must be hobby related.
- Equipment must be clean and noted as to quality and workability. Seller should be willing to guarantee the quality of the equipment.
- UG filters must be complete
- Medicines must not be outdated
- All food, supplements and medicines must be sold in the original manufacturer’s packaging.
- All fish to be double bagged, in breather bags or in an appropriate container.
- Glass containers and/or specimen containers are not acceptable.
- If you use a plastic bottle, it must be a wide mouth container and must be clear in color. Colored containers shall not be accepted.
- Bags/Containers must be of proper size and design to contain the fish.
- Aggressive fish should be bagged individually.
- Sufficient air space must be provided to ensure the health of the fish. (1/3 water, 2/3 air)
- Bag Buddies/ammonia sponges are acceptable, but fish must be visible.
- Livestock must be healthy.
- No visibly diseased fish will be sold.
- No dead fish will be sold.
- Should your bag contain dead fish, you may be asked to re-bag the fish.
- CCAC may choose, at its own discretion to re-bag any bag with leaks and/or dead fish.
- No more than 6 like species is permitted.
- No more than 20 total dry goods per seller.
- No more than 6 like dry goods per seller is permitted.
- Fees and Payouts
- Split will be 70/30 with 70% going to the seller and 30% being retained by the Circle City Aquarium Club.
- If elected by the seller, late entries fees will be paid at a 50/50 split.
- CCAC will charge a $1.00 re-bagging fee per item deducted from seller’s payout.
- Any item not sold shall become property of the CCAC.
- Seller may elect to buy back the item(s) for $1.
- Sellers will not be permitted to credit purchases against sales.
- Payouts to be posted within 21 days following the auction.