Circle City Aquarium Club is hosting a Trunk Sale.
WHAT: CCAC Trunk Sale
WHEN: Saturday August 21, 2021, 6pm – 8pm
WHERE: Aquatic Arts Parking Lot, 6352 Airway Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46241
**** The building signs say “SkyBus” as that is who the previous occupant was.
WHO: All CCAC members as well as the public.
What you need to know.
- If possible, CCAC will staff a table to answer questions, and to renew memberships.
- Aquatic Arts is graciously letting us use their parking lot, however, this event will occur after normal business hours. We will not be permitted inside the building.
- All sales are exclusively between the buyer and the seller. CCAC does not guarantee any item bought or sold.
- All state and local requirements for PPE and social distancing must be followed.
- All state and local requirements, including DNR regulations, regarding the sale of live plants and animals must be followed.
- Pre -registration is not required. But CCAC reserves the right to remove any individual from this event.
- This a free event to buy or sell. CCAC nor Aquatic Arts, however, will NOT be providing tables, umbrellas or tents.
- Sellers, no preregistration is required. There are no seller fees. As a CCAC sponsored event, only hobby related items, in good condition can be sold.
Keep in mind that we are living in a very dynamic situation. Please stay tuned to this page. As we get closer to the event, your leadership team will use this page to communicate those changes.
Speaking on the topic of “The Namesakes – biographical information about some of the people who have had fish named after them or been influential in ichthyology”, Mark Denaro has been keeping freshwater aquariums since 1970 and marine aquariums since 1976. Mark has been keeping planted and biotope aquariums since the mid-70s and was keeping reef aquariums before that term was coined. He has bred well over 200 species of freshwater fish and propagated over 150 species of aquatic plants. He has spawned 10 species of marine fish and propagated over 40 species of marine invertebrates. Mark is a coauthor of Adventurous Aquarist Guide to the 101 Best Freshwater Nano Species, published by Microcosm, Ltd. in September of 2014. He has written articles for several national and international magazines and wrote the recurring column ‘Into the Labyrinth’ for “Tropical Fish Hobbyist” magazine. He is currently a Contributing Editor and writes feature articles for TFH. Mark has been involved in the organized hobby since 1984. He is a past president of the International Betta Congress, the Indianapolis Aquarium Society and the Bucks County Aquarium Society. He is a founding member and the inaugural president of the American Labyrinth Fish Association. He is a well-known speaker and judge and has lectured to over 50 aquarium societies in more than 20 states plus Canada and Bermuda and spoken at numerous regional and national conventions. Mark runs the fish room for Pets Plus in Lawrenceville, NJ. He also makes videos that he shares on YouTube as All Natural Aquatics.
Your club leadership is planning on this being an in-person meeting with a virtual speaker. The club is also seeking nominations for Board of Directors and various leadership positions. If you are interested, please reach out to a current BOD member.
Free and open to the public.
Meeting Time: Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
La Quinta Inn & Suites
5120 Victory Dr.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46203
What to Expect:
A typical meeting we start setting up about 7:00 pm and will official start around 7:30 pm. At the start of the meeting all club business and announcements are made.
Next is our speaker/presentation. Typically they last about 1 hour. Topics have a very broad range as far as a hobbyist can see.
After that a brief intermission
The Conclusion consists of door prizes, a members-only raffle item donated from one of our many proud sponsors/supporters, and a members-only mini-auction of fish and aquarium related goods. Meetings usually last until 9:30 or 10:00 pm
Red Raffle Tickets are priced as follows:
1 ticket $1.00 6 tickets $5.00 15 tickets $10.00 35 tickets $20.00